Sunday 17 May 2015

Trenches Gallipoli

4th April 1915

Dear Mum

I am missing you dad and sis so much.  I cant wait to come home.  Hows everything going on the farm ?

The trenches  are very cold, muddy and damp.  They are as muddy as a pig pen.  There is guns firing everywhere I go.  The sky is pale and dark the mornings are very foggy and misty.  There are soldiers running in all directions.  There's chaos everywhere I go it is very busy.

I can hear enormous explosions booming in the distance and earsplitting gun shots whizzing through the misty air. As I walk across the muddy squishy ground I can hear mice squeaking to each other. Behind the big hills I can see vivid orange fire shimmering behind the trees. I can smell the smoke flowing up behind the grey crispy clouds. I feel very scared and petrified. Everyday I am nervous, exhausted and dehydrated. I hope that I will make it home and see my loving family again. My heart is always racing super fast and I am always ready to attack. I'm missing you guys so much cant wait to come home and see you all again.                                                                                                                  Love Zara.

1 comment:

  1. I really like my piece of Anzac writing I think I did a good job.

    ReplyDelete